The addition of grape skins is an excellent way to improve and enhance body, mouth-feel, tannin and color of your red wines. With lower levels of processing, grape skins carry more solids into the finished wine than concentrate/juice alone kits have traditionally had. The result is enhanced body, mouth-feel, tannin and color and in this case the trade-off for a marked increase in character is not accompanied by the need for increased ageing.
This winemaking juice will produce wines that will drink very well almost as soon as they are bottled. 6-12 months to achieve a high peak of flavor and improvement for up to three years under good cellaring. Selection with Skins Winemaking Instructions
· 18 liters in total - 16.4 liters of juice concentrate; 1.6 liters of grape skins; makes 6 gal
· Bolder flavors, richer color, and enhanced aromas and tannins
· A complex profile with layered flavors
· Six week winemaking schedule
· Drinkable at 3 months of age, with potential for cellaring
· 30 bottle labels included